Monday, September 5, 2016

Cozy Christmas Sew Along - Week Four - Block Four!!


Welcome to week four of our 
Cozy Christmas Sew Along


We have finished the 
blocks for the first row...
and now to start the second row:)

If you haven't started yet...
no worries...It's never too late!

to download the 
free pattern for the quilt.


to get the 
Cozy Christmas 
Sew Simple Shapes


We are using my
Cozy Christmas 
Fabric Collection 
for this sew along

Visit your favorite quilt shop or 
search online for the 
Cozy Christmas Quilt Kit


This is our block for this week
#CozyWreathBlock


These are my fabric choices 
for the appliqués.


If you haven't done so...


to download the cutting guide


And cut all of your 
interfacing and fabric pieces 
according to the guide.

Don't forget to cut your 
background 7" x 7" square.

Also cut a 1" wide strip... 



And prepare the bias tape 
for the center knot on the bow:)


Trace your shapes onto the interfacing.
Remember to trace one of the
 B-13 shapes in reverse 
just like I showed you 
in the week one video.


Stitch onto your tracing lines and trim.
***NOTE***
If you would like to see the video again 
or any of the tutorials for the first three blocks...
I have added a link to each post right here
 on my blog on the right sidebar. 

Just scroll down until you see the week
 that you want to view and click on it.

You will need to be viewing the 
full web version
 of my blog to see the icons on the right.



Make one clip in each "cleavage area" on the wreath shape. 


After trimming your B-13 pieces 
you will need to clip the 
INSIDE CURVE section only.

Clip right to the stitches
 but not into the stitches.

Because of this stitching...
your appliqué piece will lie flat 
after turning it right side out...




Like this!


Lay the wreath out onto your
 background square and position it
 3/4" down from the top.



Now place the circle in the center.
I like to use the markings on my template 
to help with the centering:)


Place the bow ties so that they are 3/4"up from the bottom edge.



Press your bias tape under on the
 2 remaining raw edges like this.



This will be the last piece that you appliqué:)



After appliqueing the wreath
 and the center circle... 
I removed the bow pieces 
so that I could do the ties first...



And then finished up the bow:)

I trimmed up my block to 6 1/2" square and 
I sewed the little bells borders on.


Time for the

***You may choose to do this part
 after your quilt is quilted***


I laid out my buttons and
 took a photo on my iPhone 
so that I wouldn't forget
 what color went where.

I used 6 strands of matching 
to sew each button on.



I added the flying geese and
 half square triangles on...
and my cozy wreath is decorated!



YaY!
I love this little wreath:)



#CozyWreathBlock

Next week...
 we will build a snowman!
xx
Lori

2 comments:

Little Quiltsong said...

Thank you for your tutorial on your next block - block 4! You always have great tips on how to put it all together. This is another cute block - love it!

Amandalee said...

I just love the wreath...so festive!

Related Posts with Thumbnails