Monday, March 14, 2011

All Dolled Up...in Salt Lake City!...

Well it's down to about 60 days until Spring Quilt Market and I can hardly wait!...for those of you who don't know, it will be held here in Salt Lake City!!!!....whooo hoooo!!!

One of the projects that I have been working on is a block for a fun event that will take place here during market.
The event involves 30 Utah designers that will be at market selling their products.

I will be in the Riley Blake booth with patterns and my "Sew Cherry" fabric line that will be here next month.
My next fabric line will be released this fall and will be in the booth on a storyboard and ready to order!
For my block I have used Riley Blake fabric from the line Quite Contrary ...by My Minds Eye.


To celebrate market here in SLC, Riley Blake has created a way for some of us Utah designers to come together and create the "All Dolled Up in Salt Lake City" project which consists of each of us designing a paper doll block to be sewn into two quilts.
The quilts will be given away at market along with other prizes from each designer who is participating.....you can read more about it here.


We were each given the same paper doll body pattern to use and the finished size of the block and were asked to create a paper doll that says who we are as a designer.

So I decided to go with my blog theme and focus on the picture of me on my blog header....if that doesn't say me...what does?


As you know, I just released my "Paper Dolls" pattern not too long ago so it felt very familiar to be designing another block!
So anywhoo...I drew...appliqued and embroidered another paper doll...

...with a hairdryer and pink curlers...

And wearing only underwear because that's what paper dolls wear before you cut out thier clothes and dress them!

This is how my block turned out...
What do you think?...does it show who I am as a designer?
I couldn't bear to leave her toes without fuzzy pink bunny slippers:)
I named my paper doll Riley...after Riley Blake Designs...who is making this All Dolled Up event possible...thank you Riley Blake...we heart you:)
I can't wait to see everyone else's blocks...I'm sew humbled to be included in this project with so many talented women:)
Stay tuned this week...I'll be having another giveaway!

post signature

38 comments:

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Very cute!!! Reminds me of the days when my sister and I would play with paper dolls. Love those memories. Wish I could be in Salt Lake City for Market but I will follow blogs like yours and live vicariously through your fun. LOL!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How exciting! I just think you outdid yourself, so is you. I cannot wait to see all the paperdolls together - what a fantastic one-of-a-kind quilt.

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

It's brilliant!! What a fabulous collection of blocks that will be. I adore your paper doll, especially her underware.

Holloway Family said...

Adorable!!!

Sue said...

Oh my! I love Riley and her clothes. Yes, it does tell me about your designs. Fabulous!

sewprimitive karen said...

Your new fabric line, what a thrill!!

Michele said...

That block is all you and oh so cute!

Carol said...

Oh Lori it's wonderful...it's soooooooo YOU!

Sallie said...

so cute! Love the hair curlers. :)

Nedra said...

You've done it again Lori! Love your latest paperdoll! I've seen a few releases from designers, and I'm looking forward to all 30.

Hearts Turned said...

How fabulous! LOVE your new fabric line--so cheerful and perfectly wonderful! And love your doll block--adorable!

Julie

aztel2000 said...

It's just adorable and totally YOU!! I sure wish I could be at market--I'm sure it will be a fun time.
Karen in Breezy Point

PamKittyMorning said...

So super cute!

Lynette said...

Haha!! I LOVE her!! The block is so totally *you*. :D

Mommarock said...

LOVE it! Just look at how perfect those hairpins are too.. amazing.. REALLY!

Bethany @happyhomemakerme said...

I love it! And I'm so excited for you about this event. What fun it will be to be in a booth and be able to introduce your new fabric lines! A dream come true.

♥ Bethany

www.happyhomemaker.me

Darlene said...

The block definitely says "Lori" :-) It's adorable, cute, sweet, etc. Words that would describe you, too.

What a delightful idea - can't wait to see the others.

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

She's a cutie alright! So sweet.

Sandy said...

So darling! I used to love to play with paper dolls when I was younger...love the colors!

Sherri said...

Your block is darling! I can't wait to see the quilt in person in Salt Lake City!

Kimberly said...

Fabulousness.

And I love the plaid 'hairlers'... (a word created by one of my daughters when she was about 4 or so)

Cathy H. said...

Yes!! This is great!! I've loved paper dolls all my life! You did a fabulous job!!

Nicole Kelly said...

Ok now seriously how much cuter could you possibly design! I just LOOOVVVEE your paper doll pattern. I think you did yourself very well!! She is just too cute for words from the pink fuzzy bunny slippers and the cute undies to the curlers and hairdryer! Oh my oh my I am so envious of all of your talents but by far your applique work! Just amazing!

Magicaldamselfly said...

Oh yes sew you! I really heart this block and can not wait to see the finished quilts. I also can't wait to hear all your wonder*filled stories of that week.

Meri said...

Riley's adorable from her freckles right down to her fabulous bunny slippers!

Kim Walus said...

So very Cute! and so very You! I LOVE it!!!!

Jocelyn said...

How Cute!!!Love your doll :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the fabrics and the design!
Peggy H.
www.neverenoughstash.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love the fabrics and the design!
Peggy H.
www.neverenoughstash.blogspot.com

Jen said...

I"m diggin' the paper doll block, but I L.O.V.E. the fabric line! Can't wait to get it in person!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Lori -- that block is so YOU! It's just ADORABLE!!!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I want this quilt for myself. I'm still a kid at heart!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! It's so you! Love the bunny slippers and comb and the bobby pins! Can't wait to see more blocks.
cyninthekitchen@yahoo.ca

Bonnie Sue said...

I just love, love, love your new Sew Cherry line!!! It is so hard to pick my favorite, can't wait to get my hands of them,
But, if I have to pick one it is the yellow main, I am in LOVE with red and yellow, I have red tulips and yellow daffodils sprouting up all over our yard, just says Welcome Spring every day aroud here!! My kitchen is all red and yellow. Love it, and LOVE your blog!!

busyascanbe said...

I just love it so cute! And I love the fabric choice for her underwear. LOL

Susan said...

I really like the paper-doll block as well as print. I used to love the Betsy McCall paper-doll in the monthly magazine. I didn't know we were poor as we always had an abundance of fun things to do when we were young! Paper dolls were such a 'real' thing in our young lives...

CarbonElementaryMath said...

You amazed me with your creative blog and hand applique. I am a follower. I love your fabric line expecially dots, daisy, and gingham.

Holly said...

I just got the paper doll pattern last month!!! Can't wait to get started on it, after I finish a few other projects. I just love all of your appliques designs! I want to make all of them!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails