Monday, January 3, 2011

A Daisy for Christmas...

Yes....I know that Christmas is over but because I took a little break from my blog...I never got to show you my Christmas post!
What do you suppose was in this stocking ...just waiting to be discovered by two sleepy kids early Christmas morning?

Scroll down to see what we put inside...



Meet Daisy...the newest member of our family!


Mr. Honey and I stayed downstairs with Daisy all night to make sure that she didn't cry and wake Sterling and Kassidy who were sleeping upstairs....we didn't want to ruin the big suprise.
She was such a good little puppy and didn't let out a peep!

And suprised they were!...neither one of them had any idea they would be getting a puppy.





And Kassidy didn't have any idea that her Dad would buy her a pink Red Ryder BB gun either....lol.
Mr. Honey thinks she needs a gun of her own for target shooting when we go camping....

and when they go fishing together which we do often.


Sterling was happy with things for his x-box....


A Utah Jazz hat and a new pair of Air Jordan's.....size 12 by the way!...help...my 13 year old son won't stop growing....lol.
He is now 6 feet tall.


In preparation for Daisy ....I made her a huge dresden plate bed....I used Nancy Zieman's template.
You can't really tell how big it is by the photo...but it's 40 inches round!
I made it out of decorator weight fabric for durability...in colors to match the family room.

Daisy snuggled up on it right away....and chewed on a few toys.


I think she knows it's just for her:)....I don't think she'll be too spoiled at our house...lol.

We have had so much fun with Daisy this past week...

The kids really love her and she fits perfectly into our family!


Just in case anyone is wondering...Daisy is a Shih-tzu breed. She is currently 10 weeks old:)
I hope everyone had a lovely holiday.
I sure did! It was so nice to have a little down time to spend with family and friends.
I even read 3 books which I usually don't have alot of time to do...
Now for me it is back to reality.
The kids went back to school this morning...and even though I have enjoyed my holiday decorations so much...it's now January and time for them to come down and get to cleaning and organizing!

post signature

23 comments:

Mary said...

You had a lot of fun while you were on Holiday. It's back to the Real World for me too. I've been organizing the week between Christmas and New Years. Taking down the Decorations won't be half as hard as what I've been doing. welcome back!

Sparky said...

Goodness me Daisy, did you ever find a fine family to love you...welcome home... great addition Lori, there really is nothing like the pitter patter of little feet..especially when there are 4 of them...
blessed you all are...but especially Daisy...

Unknown said...

That is just the best Christmas present ever!! How sweet!! Love the PINK Red Ryder gun too.

Nedra said...

Daisy looks like the perfect dog for your family. What a great present for all. And yes, I have a feeling she is going to be s.p.o.i.l.e.d. (as she should be)
After all, she already had the bed of a queen.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Daisy is adorable!! Looks like everybody had a wonderful Christmas. By the way, I think Daisy is well on the way to being spoiled - but then all puppies deserve to be spoiled!!

Darlene said...

A wonderful Christmas in your home, indeed. I know Daisy will be one loved (spoiled) puppy. teehee!

She looks just like our Cooper - same breed and colors. ;-)

Jocelyn said...

What an adorable pup! I'm with you, it's time for the house to be back to normal. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Wishing you a very blessed New Year Lori :-)

9patchnurse said...

Daisy is too darn cute! I love her little (lol) bed. We have a white kitty named Daisy. It's a great name.

donna said...

Daisy is just precious. You can never spoil your pets.(hehe) I love her bed as well.

Elizabeth said...

I can tell that Daisy is going to bring a lot of love and happiness to your family. She is adorable.

Sara said...

That dog is the cutest and I want one----one day--it will be a downsize from a boxer--hope he doesn't mind!

Glad your Christmas was blessed and may you have a blessed New Year!

Devon said...

What a adorable christmas present,,and looks like you all had a wonderful holiday season,,thank you for sharing with us..

Brenda said...

What a sweet pup! How much fun for your children on Christmas morning! My hubs and grown daughters got my Ladybug for me for Christmas two years ago. Only they gave me a frame with a picture of her because she was not quite old enough to come home. By the way I Love your music!

Nanette Merrill said...

So so so cute. Love the photos of Daisy.

Unknown said...

OMG! Isn't Daisy lucky? For most people getting a puppy at Christmas could be stressful, not you guys...Loved, loved the blog.
It's so you!
Xbox for our grandson too, and he shook the house doing the javelin throwing...we howled with laughter at the antics!
Happy New Year.

Jodi Nelson said...

She's adorable. LOVE the bed. And my heck! Size 12! LOL. Love your post and good luck with the back to reality thing. ugh.... ;o)

trish said...

Oh.my.goodness.Lori!! She is soo cute!! :o) Oh what a joy to wake up to such a darling little gift. :o) And already so spoiled with your family's love. :o) Little Miss Daisy is a lucky little pup!
Happy New Year!
Sincerely, Trish

Jan Maree said...

Oh my goodness!!!! What cute pup! Lucky kids and pup I think! Love the dog bed too! Well done! I would make one for my dogs too but they don't really need it - afterall they have the sofas, my bed and loads of other comfy places in cluding a few laps!
Enjoy!

Shannon said...

She is so cute!! That bed of hers is so fun. Thank you for sharing!

Carrie P. said...

OH, what a great surprise for the kids and such a cute addition to your family. Happy New Year.

antique quilter said...

what a wonderful surprise for your children, oh my gosh my girls would be over the moon if we would have done that.
I would love to have a puppy just like her!
have to work on the DH we need a Daisy in our home too!
Kathie

Thimbleanna said...

Oh. How. Cute!!!! I looks like you had a perfect Christmas!!!

little acorns said...

I'm so late in catching up on blogs & have been buzzing through many. . . but I just had to stop & say what a little cutie-patootie little Daisy is! I can't imagine a better present to find on Christmas morning. What a wonderful memory & what a sweet little new member of the family!
xo, Bren

Related Posts with Thumbnails