Monday, September 21, 2009

Look what I found!

I know today is Vintage Monday but I am showing you something else that's sort of old...8 years anyway. Last week I found an old roll of film that had never been developed. Yay!!!! a found treasure! I ran it over to Walgreens to see what was on it and these are the pictures.
Here is Sterling at 4 and Kassidy at 2. It's October 2001 at Gardner Village in West Jordan.

Every year we always make sure that we go to Gardner Village and take thier pictures with the witches. This is probably the first year we took them. I highly recommend visiting the village if you are ever in this area. Click on the link & go check it out.


Can you see Sterling on the porch trying to see what the front of the witch looks like?
Kassidy isn't far behind. By the way...can you see why Mr. Honey calls her Curly-Girly? Those curls are all natural and she gets them from him.

Gardner Village always decorates for the season....in October it's witches and they always put on quite a display.
The witch on the bicycle over the pond (in the top photo) is motorized so that she is pedaling the bike.
You can't really tell from the picture but she is high over the water and looks like she is riding in the air...kind of like the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz during the twister scene.

A witches garden.....


They always have this HUGE witch that has flown right into the silo of the original flour mill building which is now a big FUN shopping area and restaraunt called Archibalds.

More pictures on the lost roll.
It's in October so I'm sure we were on a camping & deer hunting trip.
We usually make that one a Holt trip with Mr.Honey's parents and his brothers along with thier families. We always have a great time....as you know I love to go out in my trailer especially during the hunting season, the mountains in the fall are absolutely breathtaking.
This is Sterling & Kass with thier Grandma & Grandpa Holt.
Still camping......


Sterling in our backyard with our 15 lb cat Oliver.....yes, I said 15 pounds. We rescued him from a shelter when he was a year old........Oliver is now 16 years old. We really should have named him Garfield because that's exactly who he acts and looks like.....but it really doesn't matter, we just call him kitty anyway except for Mr. Honey who calls him "Meatball".... Mr. Honey has a nickname for everyone. He rarely calls me Lori. To him, my name is Wifey.
Ben is "Bud or Buddy", Sterling is "The Ster-man" and he always calls Sophie "cutes".


More of Kassidy & Sterling in front of the arbor and gate that leads to the vegetable & herb garden in our backyard. I don't know why Kassidy isn't very happy here, a good guess would be Sterling had been teasing her as usual ....some things never change! LOL....
I'm so glad I found this old roll of film. Now that we've gone digital, hopefully no more pictures will be lost! I'm very carefull to back them up onto a hard copy.....I would hate to lose anymore precious memories!


post signature

15 comments:

Karen said...

I like the witch on the bicycle and the one on the side of a curved building (I don't know what the building is).

Jan said...

Oh what a wonderful find Lori! Gorgeous pictures ... they must have brought a tear to your eye and a smile to your face :) Such adorable little one's and I love that "cycling witch!" What a hoot.

Nedra said...

you have such cute kids!

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh that is so cute. It is like finding a little treasure. I bet your kids loved seeing those photos. Gardner Village is so fun at Halloween. I hope I have time to go this year. This post made me smile.

Carin said...

I just love Gardner Village! How adorable are your kids! Its nice to find something good on an old roll of film.

Janice said...

great pictures and those curls are superb!

CJ said...

What a treasure indeed! I'm so glad you found that roll and had it developed.

dream quilt create said...

What adorable kids, they remind me of Kennedy and Bridger as they are now. So fast forward the clock 8 years, and they will look like Sterling and Kassidy! I love Sterling's smile and Kassidy's hair! Great memories

Diva Kreszl said...

definitely a treasure you've found!

Kim Walus said...

What a cherished memory that you found. Kassidy is just so darling and I LOVE all of the curls. I'm so happy you found it.

Thanks again for a great time at lunch and shopping. It was a wonderful break to get away from school early on a friday afternoon. I love my sweet present too. Thank You!!

Hugs!

Carrie P. said...

I bet our kids got a kick seeing those old pictures. They are so cute.
The wicked witch flying on her bike is so funny. People are so creative.

Dawn said...

How fun!! My hubby gave all of us nick names too.

happy zombie said...

Now that's something I haven't said in a while... "a roll of film"! I love that you found it and what a treasure it held!

I kinda miss the days of dropping off film and waiting the endless days for it to come back as photos. And then I remember how cool it is to take 38 shots of one thing!

Sherry said...

What a fun post to read. Your kids look so cute. I love the witch on the bike & the one on the side of the silo. That looks like a great place to visit in October. Your hubby sounds like mine, a nickname for everyone. LOL We are finding more & more fun nicknames for each other as we get older, and we just laugh at them all. Thanks for sharing this long lost film Lori...I really enjoyed the pics.

Pamela said...

Oh, my goodness! How fun to find old film. My aunt developed a roll she found from back in 2005 and gave me some of the pictures because they were of my sons blessing. What a great surprise.

Related Posts with Thumbnails