Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tennis Anyone?...

This is what's on my worktable for today...what do you suppose I'm doing with this fabric?
I will be using several colors of thread...

In fact...I will be using all of the supplies in my bag...


I might be using all three of these cute little tiny ric-rac for trimming...
Well okay...
I guess it's not that difficult to figure out that it's applique...my favorite kind of project.
I am working on the next block to go in my "Paper Doll" quilt.
Here is a little sneak peek...a few parts of the layout I have prepared;




And all of the pieces are traced onto freezer paper and ironed onto the fabric they belong to.....now I'm prepared for the applique...

After the applique is complete...the block will be detailed with some embroidery.
I'll be teaching this block on Tuesday and let me just say...I sure am having a good time drawing the clothes for the paper dolls.
Okay, it's off I go to the back patio to get started...

post signature

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like another fantastic block is brewing! Always fun to visit here!

dream quilt create said...

I knew it, I just knew it, before I even read the rest of the post. I can hardly wait to get started on the clothes. I'm almost finished embroidering the directions...but I will get it all done soon.

Nedra said...

I think it's amazaing that you can document Kassidy's life through your quilts. Years from now she will look back and have such memories!

Nielson said...

I LOVE it! I have been so excited for the clothes--how fun!

little acorns said...

I just love seeing your new designs in progress! . . . makes me want to sit & applique all day!
xo, Bren

Funoldhag said...

What fun - your paper dolls! Will be anxious to see the finished block. Does Kassidy help you pick out the fabric for the clothes? She has such good taste! Enjoy, Lori. By the way, you have everything prepped so neatly. Carol

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

That is just the cutest thing.

Jan said...

Ohhhhh Lori! What an absolutely adorable block that is and I can't wait to see it, so I hope you're out on the patio stitching as I speak!!! Your drawings are awesome ... and I am so envious cuz I can't hardly draw a "stick guy!" (LOL) You would have loved to have met our Daughter cuz she could draw just as beautifully as you do :) Have fun!

Kim Walus said...

How fun is that? I LOVE it! Kenna has a tennis racket too and maybe next year they could play some tennis if they want to. We have two tennis courts in our neighborhood. I love the block and look forward to seeing it when it's done.

Karen said...

Very cute!!

Mary Anne Drury said...

That is cute to the Nth degree !!! (and speaking of cute ..... LOVE that red and white polka dot sewing tote! )

Do you do all needle turn applique? If you do, I'm even more in awe of you than I was before !

Sherry said...

Another cute block for the Paper Dolls quilt. Can't wait to see it finished. It's always fun to come & take a peek at your projects. Happy stitching!

Cara said...

I Love your red polka-dot sewing basket. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I have been looking for a new sewing basket, since mine has a broken handle. Could you tell me where you got your basket? You can just leave a comment here and I'll check back. I've been reading your blog for a while, but I've not left a comment before.

Nanette Merrill said...

Ohhh I see a quilt here. It is going to be lovely. What a cute idea. I am now not overwhelmed when I see your work. I see it as pieces easy to put together. I prepped for my 3rd Sunbonnet Sue block last night. It was fun. When the prep is fun, you know it is going to work out.

Carrie P. said...

It is going to be a cute block I am sure. Your students are going to have making it too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails